Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Book Review: The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley




Let me start by saying that I love Susanna Kearsley.  She is my favorite author by far.  This book didn't follow her normal format.  It didn't have the dual timeline like she normally does, and there wasn't really a love interest until three quarters of the way through the book.  Not that I expect there to be a love interest, but it didn't follow the normal format.

This book was more of a mystery than her regular novels.  It was not my favorite book, but it was very endearing.  The way that Susanna writes is so descriptive that it makes you fall in love with the setting of the books, and the characters!

This book was placed in Chinon, France.  This is the second book of hers that I have read that has been set here.  It has made me crave to visit there.  She has made me feel like I have already been there.

All in all it is a decent book.  Not my favorite by far, but decent.  This would not be a book I would recommend to someone unless they love Susanna Kearsley already.

No comments:

Post a Comment