Monday, February 16, 2015

Doterra Purify: Why it is one of my essentials in the home.

I am the first to admit that this oil is not one of my favorite smelling oils.  However, it has become an essential part of my household routine.  I didn't know how important this was to me until yesterday.

There was an unbelievable disgusting smell in our kitchen.  We thought it was under the sink.  (turns out their was a leak and it rotted)  That wasn't the problem.  It took all day to realize that it was the towel underneath our drying rack.  My wonderful husband forgot that he spilled a bunch of milk on it.

Oh, the smell was awful!!!  Words can't describe it!  I wanted to puke every time I went near the kitchen.

Once we determined the cause of the smell it immediately went through the wash.  I opened the washing machine to switch it to the dryer, and I puked from the smell.

We cloth diaper, so I needed to do laundry if I was to have diapers.  So, I added our diapers and ran a rinse cycle.  Then I ran a delicate cycle with just 5 drops of purify in it.  After that cycle it smelled a little better, but it needed more.  So then I ran our heavy duty cycle with another 5 drops of purify, and a downy ball with vinegar in it.  (our normal diaper cycle is a rinse cycle followed by a delicate cycle.  Then heavy duty cycle)

I was amazed that it corrected the problem!  I thought for sure I was going to have to throw out the towel!  We were worried that the diapers were going to be rank too!  Boy was I relieved.

Here are other ways that I use Purify:


  • a few drops in a spray bottle to disinfect surfaces
  • a few drops in a spray bottle for hand sanitize
  • When a bottle is empty I will fill it with water to keep in my purse as a hand sanitizer
  • I will put it in the diffuser if my kitchen is smelly from cooking
  • I will put a few drops on my toilet paper cardboard.  Whenever the roll moves it will deodorize the air.  
To learn more about oils, or purify you may go here to learn more.
"Like" my Facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment